The activities formed part of the Doosan Day of Community Service, a new initiative from the global Doosan Group designed to raise awareness of corporate social responsibility among its 43,000 employees worldwide. Today, 24 October, it is anticipated that approximately 10,000 Doosan colleagues across 130 sites in 13 countries will unite in donating their time to support local community projects.
In their home base of Pilsen, Doosan Škoda Power’s employees volunteered for a range of activities, including:
• Blood donation, in cooperation with Pilsen’s Blood Transfusion Centre
• Maintenance and painting work at the Doosan Arena – home to Doosan-sponsored football club FC Viktoria Plzeň
• Maintenance and upkeep duties in Potocni Park, and Kosutka Lake and surrounding area
• Building of wooden benches for Pilsen railway station and city
• Maintenance and upkeep at zoo
• Cleaning and gardening at the LEDOVEC Centre for Mental Health
• Cleaning and gardening at the Pilsen Faculty Hospital
Richard Kabud, HR Director for Doosan Škoda Power said: “It has been a great experience to be involved in today’s activities and I am so proud of how my colleagues across the business have embraced this opportunity. What’s been really special for me is the way people have pulled together across the business, from the CEO down. It really has been a fantastic team effort.
“The Doosan Day of Community Service will take place twice a year from 2015, allowing us to continue to make a meaningful contribution to those communities in which we operate.”